Perth, Western Australia, Australia
About The Role:
Our industry leading client are seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to join their growing team, offering a permanent full-time position for the right candidate.
Working in a fast, hands-on environment, you will be responsible for the delivery of jobs within the appropriate timeframe, ensuring compliance to the Building Code and Job Docket. A pro-active approach is required to make sure all aspects of the works are met and ensure client satisfaction.
Client and Contractor interfacing are required to ensure all building code and safety standards are adhered and always maintained. You will also be required to ensure all works are carried out and completed in accordance with specifications and schedules.
With a hands on, heavily involved schedule working around planned and reactive maintenance in both commercial and residential environments within WA, this isn’t for the light hearted!
🔨 Responsibility in carrying out all basic multiskilled maintenance and servicing
🔨 Work is completed and compliant to Australian Standard.
🔨 Understanding the clients’ requirements and planning the work required to be completed.
🔨 Direct and supervise onsite (when required), ensuring OHS practices are being followed.
🔨 Ability to read, understand and interpret detailed construction illustrations.
🔨 Effectively and professionally communicate with all levels of business including clients and sub-contractors.
🔨 Be able to problem solve on site.
🔨 Efficiently meet project needs and deadlines as required.
🔨 Use hand-held and power tools in the correct way and safe manner.
🔨 Flexible and able to work overtime when required (adhere to the scheduled call out roster).
🔨 Adapt to reactive and planned maintenance in commercial and WA Housing environments.
🔨 Reporting directly to the Minor Works Scheduler.
To be a successful candidate for this position, you must:
- Have a minimum of 4+ years’ experience in a similar maintenance-based position
- Experience with general maintenance work
- Able to work autonomously and within a team
- Communicate technically with clients and other workers
- Experience in interpreting work scope and plans with an eye for detail
- Ability to communicate technically.
- Be well presented and be able to liaise directly with clients.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Be able to promote and develop a positive safety culture across the business.
- Required to have or be able to secure Baseline Clearance if necessary.
Minimum Ticket Expectations:
- Valid Driver’s Licence – C Class or above
- National Police Clearance (within 6 months)
- White Card
- Senior First Aid – Highly Regarded
- WP High Risk Work Licence – Desirable
- Confined Spaces – Highly Regarded
- Working at Heights – Highly Regarded
- Certificate III in Carpentry & Joinery – Highly Regarded
- Tiling / Plastering experience – Highly Regarded
- Experience in a Blue Collar and/or trade-based environment – Highly Regarded
If this role is of interest to you, click ‘Apply for this job’ now!
If this role appeals to you, please click “Apply for this job”or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates must be eligible to work in Australia and only suitable shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Proudly part of a 49-year-old, $3Bn global workforce solutions group, Synaco Global delivers real value to our clients across a range of specialist industries.
To learn more about Synaco and what we do, head to our website: https://synacoglobal.com.au/