Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Synaco Global Recruitment is seeking the services of an experienced Welding Supervisor for one of Adelaide’s most prominent manufacturing and engineering companies, based in the northern suburbs.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager, this role will be responsible for managing the quality of welding produced in the workshop. This role requires someone who has had experience in a similar environment, where they are leading continuous improvement initiatives, maintaining exemplary OH&S standards, and driving quality standards in conjunction with a daily production schedule.
Some of the core responsibilities include:
- Drive quality standards to the relevant regulatory standards
- Advance the welders’ individual skills and qualifications to agreed standards
- Ensure contingencies and risk management initiatives are carried out to minimise potential disruption in the welding area
- Lead in the promotion of safety initiatives and their corresponding importance in your assigned work area
Some of the core requirements we seek in the successful applicant include:
- Structural Steel Welding Supervision Certificate (AS2214) OR a Certificate 10 (AS1796) Welding Supervisor
- Cert III in Engineering (Fabrication Trade)
- Proven experience in a welding QA / QC role
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and coordinate production accordingly
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience and knowledge of working within the structural steel industry
- Superior inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to influence people in a positive manner
- Flexible to work between Monday – Saturday (available to work 50+ hour weeks)
What’s in it for you?
This is a unique permanent opportunity with a progressive company in a modern and quality endorsed work environment. The role will provide someone a rewarding long term career path that will support your future development with training and accreditations in line with your ambitions. The employer boasts a state-of-the-art workshop, with exemplary QA and OH&S standards that are continuously promoted and upheld. An excellent remuneration package is available for the successful applicant.