East Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
We are currently seeking an experienced Workshop Manager in the Fabrication Industry for a full-time permanent role
- Permanent Role with immediate start
- Salary up to $100k plus super
- Excellent Work Environment & Conditions
Full Job Description
We are currently looking for an experienced Workshop Manager with metal/construction background and Trade Qualification for our client in the eastern suburbs of Brisbane.
The minimum requirements for the Workshop Manager are as follows:
- Ability to plan, implement and manage the flow of work throughout the workshop
- Oversee the smooth day to day running of the workshop
- Ability to maintain and improve the company’s high service standards together with positive customer communications
- Formal Trade Qualification – Engineering Fabrication
- 3 plus years experience in a similar role, experience in managing teams, experience in mechanical handling in the industrial sector.
- Strong people management, communication (written & verbal) and time management skills.
- Customer relationship skills and a team player.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Workshop performance
- Ensuring production targets are met via delegation of workload and performance efficiency
- OH&S compliance – ensuring all company policies and procedures are understood and adhered to, equipment / tools are maintained to the required levels. Ensure the safety of all persons
- Quality control – maintain the workshop to a high standard.
- Accountable for training of staff and for the final quality of jobs
- Customer care – service and communication – building of relationships with customers and suppliers, including regular communication involving quotes and expected completion dates
- Stock control
The successful applicant will be required to be a team player who can motivate and inspire people, possess a strong work ethic with the ability to participate in training and development.
Only candidates that meet the criteria will be contacted for an interview.