LinkedIn Booster – Stand out from the rest
Before creating the perfect LinkedIn profile, whether it’s to stand out amongst recruiters, develop your business network reputation amongst an industry, it’s important to know what LinkedIn actually is…
LinkedIn was launched in 2003 a few years after the dotcom bubble by Reid Hoffman. During these years there was a huge shift & investment in internet-based startups. LinkedIn first and foremost is a business focused social media platform allowing individuals or groups to communicate, find new jobs or share industry specific information.
So now we know a brief background on LinkedIn, how do you get started and create a strong, robust profile? Here are some steps…
- Professional Profile Photo: Use a high-quality and professional profile photo. A clear and friendly image can create a positive first impression and make your profile more approachable.
- Eye-catching Headline: Craft a compelling headline that goes beyond your job title. Use keywords and highlight your unique value proposition to grab the attention of visitors.
- Customized URL: Personalize your LinkedIn profile URL to make it more memorable and professional. Ideally, use your name or a variation of it. (Top right of your profile ‘public profile & URL’ – edit and customize yours to make you stand out!)
- Engaging Summary: Write an engaging and concise summary that showcases your expertise, accomplishments, and passion for your work. Use this section to tell your professional story and make it relatable to your target audience.
- Highlight Achievements: In your work experience section, focus on your accomplishments and results rather than just listing your job duties. Quantify your achievements with metrics and data when possible.
- Media and Visuals: Include multimedia content such as images, videos, or presentations to visually enhance your profile. Visuals can help you showcase your work, projects, or skills effectively.
- Skills and Endorsements: List relevant skills that align with your expertise and career goals. Request endorsements from colleagues and connections to validate your skills.
- Continuing Education: Showcase any relevant certifications, courses, or workshops you’ve completed to demonstrate your commitment to professional development.
- Join and Engage in Groups: Participate actively in LinkedIn groups related to your field. Engaging in discussions and providing valuable insights can increase your visibility and expand your network.
- Personalize Connection Requests: When sending connection requests, include a personalized message explaining why you want to connect. Avoid using the default LinkedIn message.
Remember that standing out on LinkedIn is not just about having a flashy profile but also about demonstrating your expertise, engaging with others in a professional manner, and showcasing the value you can bring to potential connections and employers. To stay up to date with the latest news regarding the Australian Labour Industry and to find the latest jobs perfect for you give us a follow and share this post!